Call 801-871-0715 or Click Button Below
Daybreak Has a Radon Problem
Parts of Daybreak have some of the highest radon levels in Utah. 70% of past tests in Daybreak have come back with high radon levels. This is much higher than the 1 in 3 average for high radon in Utah homes. It is easy (and free) to find out if your Daybreak home has high radon by requesting a free radon test kit by either calling 801-871-0715 or by clicking on the green button above.
We will mail to you a professional radon test that includes easy-to-follow instructions. The test also comes with pre-paid return packaging to send the test back. We will contact you with the results within a few days. If the test results are high, we can provide a free no-obligation quote to fix the high radon in your home. It’s that simple.
What is Radon – Why Should I Care?
Radon gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that comes from the decay of uranium in the soil beneath our homes. Uranium is present in the ground all over the world, but Daybreak has shown to have much higher concentrations than the average in Utah. High radon exposure can cause lung cancer. In fact, per the EPA, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, causing 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year. Only smoking causes more lung cancer. To put it in perspective, radon kills more Utahns than both drunk drivers and asbestos. High radon is worth taking seriously.
About Our Free Radon Testing Program
- Yes – we really offer a 100% free radon test – to residents in Utah (a $100+ value!).
- EPA and NRPP certified tests – for both real estate transactions and for regular home owners.
- Why offer a free radon test? What’s the catch? We strongly believe that everyone should test their homes for radon to determine if they need radon mitigation. The problem is, not enough Utahns are doing it. Less than 10% of Utah homes have been tested and areas like Daybreak have very high levels of radon. Daybreak residents can’t fix what they don’t know about. Utah Radon Services is set up to very efficiently do thousands of certified radon tests so more Utah homes can get tested. For homes that test high for radon, we then provide a free quote to fix the problem. You are not obligated to use us to fix the home, but most people choose us after getting a competitively priced quote from us and reading some of our 500+ Google 5-star reviews.
- We only use professional, certified radon testing equipment. Your radon test kit will come with an electret ion chamber, also called an E-Perm (used by over 2,500 home inspectors). These tests produce highly accurate, EPA-certified test results you can trust. Please note this testing equipment is reusable and we are lending the testing equipment to you. If you do not return the test in a timely manner we will need to charge you $88 for it. Order the test, get the test in the mail, run the test, and return the test all within a week or two and you will not be charged for the lost equipment.
- Are there any exclusions to the program? The home owner must order the test. Homes tested must be located in Utah and the home tested may not already have a radon mitigation system installed. For real estate transaction tests, the home must be located within 50 miles of Draper, Utah to qualify for a free test since a certified technician must place and collect the test. Don’t misunderstand – we are happy to mail a free test kit anywhere in Utah. The mileage restriction is only for real estate transactions.
Does Your Home Have Unsafe Radon Levels?
Testing your home is the only way to know. Every home has at least some levels of radon gas and 70% of Daybreak homes have levels considered unhealthy by the EPA and need radon mitigation. Radon enters a home through the lowest level. Because radon comes from the ground, lower levels of the house will often have the highest concentrations, however radon is not only found in the basement. Radon is pulled throughout the whole house due to the natural rise of air in the home, often referred to as the “stack effect.” Winter months and cold weather create the strongest stack effect and therefore the highest radon levels in all parts of the home.
Any home can have a radon problem – with a basement or slab on grade, has a crawlspace, whether it is old or new, small or large, drafty or not. Because radon is both colorless and odorless, it can only be detected by testing with special equipment. Radon test kits can be set up quickly and only need to run for 2 days to get accurate results. Getting a radon test kit will help you to determine the level of radon gas in your home and if radon mitigation is needed.
If you are ready to get started, call 801-871-0715 or click on the green button at the top of this page to order your free radon test.
If this is for a real estate sale – Click Here
* Wallace Akerley, MD Huntsman Cancer Institute