We get many phone calls from homeowners who have a Radon Mitigation System who don't…
Does your home have high radon levels?
Radon Mitigation is the process used to reduce the radon gas inside of a home. This is done by drawing radon gas from beneath the foundation of the home and venting it outside. According to the EPA, Radon Removal can eliminate up to 99% of radon from the home. If you have tested your home and found high radon levels, you may have some questions.
Frequently asked questions regarding Radon Mitigation:
- What is the most common radon removal method? The EPA recommends sub-slab depressurization method. It prevents radon from re-entering the home by drawing it from underneath the foundation and venting it out with a fan.
- Where is a radon mitigation system installed? Homeowners consult with installers to choose the best installation option for their home. If the installer believes there is only one option for that home, they will explain that and the installation process in detail. Systems are generally installed on the lowest level of the home with piping going through the home and out the roof. If that is not an option, an exterior system will be installed on the outside of the house using gutter pipe or downspout.
- How long does a radon mitigation installation take? The typical amount of time to install a radon mitigation system is 3-5 hours. The time will vary depending on the layout of the home and difficulty of the job.
- How well does a radon mitigation system work? We guarantee radon levels below 2.7 pCi/L, the level recommended by the World Health Organization. Most of the time, we are able to get the radon levels below 1.0 pCi/L. After installing your radon mitigation system, we will test the radon levels in your home to verify the system is working and your home is now safe.
- Is there any maintenance on a radon mitigation system? No. We have a lifetime warranty on system parts and labor. The fan carries a 5 year manufacturer warranty, although we see them last 15 years.
- What does a radon mitigation system cost? The average radon mitigation system costs $1300-$1450. If the home has a crawlspace, it can add an additional $600-$1000. Because every home varies, there is no universal price for every home.
Request a Free Radon Mitigation Bid
At Utah Radon Services, we have an experienced team of certified radon mitigation specialists. We provide FREE residential testing and FREE quotes on radon removal systems.
Radon is a cancer causing radioactive gas. Do not wait to have it removed from your home. Fill out the form or call us at 801-871-0715 to schedule your FREE radon test or mitigation quote.